Interpersonal communication is a core feature of everyday life. It is fundamental to how we care for loved ones, support family members, connect with friends, and advance in careers. This webinar is primarily intended for military family service providers and will cover basic aspects of interpersonal communication. Specific topics include reasons for learning about interpersonal communication, types of interpersonal communication goals, and kinds of interpersonal communication tasks. Guidelines will be provided for disclosing information, maintaining relationships, providing comfort, and managing conflict.
After completing this webinar, participants will be able to:
(1) Describe types of goals in interpersonal communication situations.
(2) Identify three guidelines for disclosing information.
(3) Identify three guidelines for maintaining relationships.
(4) Identify four guidelines for providing comfort.
(5) Identify three guidelines for managing conflict.